Create Your Legacy.
A planned gift is one of the most impactful ways you can support Central Park School for Children’s mission for generations of children. You may be able to save on taxes, receive income for life or enjoy other benefits – all while helping children THRIVE. Explore your giving options here on our website, or contact us today to start a conversation.
There are many kinds of planned gifts including the following: I love how you list out examples of planned gifts; it’s sort of like a how-to for folks who may not have a lot of experience with this. Perhaps linking to useful resources like dictionaries, further explanations, etc.?
- Bequests – Reduce inheritance taxes by designating in your will specific gifts of cash, property, or a percentage of the remainder of your estate.
Sample Bequest Language:
“I (name) of (city, state, zip), give, devise, and bequeath to Central Park School for Children Foundation
• (the sum of $_____)
• (___ percent of my estate)
• (description of property)
• (the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate)
for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Lead Trusts – Assets can stay in the family while your gift reduces estate taxes and supports CPSC.
- Life Income Gifts – Gifts of appreciated property can generate income for you with positive tax benefits. Examples include gift annuities, and charitable remainder trusts.
- Life Insurance – Designate CPSC as a beneficiary of a paid-up policy or a new policy, help ensure the school’s future, and get a tax deduction.
- Retained Life Estate – You retain occupancy of your property for life, but give your primary or vacation home or farm to CPSC for her future benefit.
- Retirement Plan – Name CPSC as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan and avoid the double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designate them to your heirs. Your plan administrator can provide you with the necessary documents to designate CSPC to receive a portion or all of your plan.
- IRA Charitable Rollovers – On December 18, 2015, the IRA Charitable Rollover was passed by Congress and signed into permanent law by the President, allowing taxpayers age 70 ½ or older to transfer up to $100,000 annually from their IRA accounts directly to a qualifying charity without first having to recognize the distribution as income. You can make your mandatory distribution into a wonderful gift for CPSC
Not sure where to start, or have questions about giving to CPSC? We encourage you to contact John Heffernan, Central Park for Children Foundation at 919-323-0490 or email@example.com.
Volunteers from the school and community along with our local businesses make this event possible. In May of 2022, over $35,000 was raised with this event directly benefiting our CPSC students.
There are many ways to get involved: in kind donations, sponsorships, volunteering, promotions…the list goes on and on! Please contact John Heffernan, Central Park for Children Foundation at 919-323-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.